Sourced: Shutterstock
The Market Online - At The Bell

Join our daily newsletter At The Bell to receive exclusive market insights

  • Pacifico Minerals (PMY) has signed a Native Title, Heritage Protection and Mineral Exploration Agreement for its Eight Mile Creek tenement
  • The agreement was signed with the Miriuwung and Gajerrong Aboriginal Corporation and paves the way for a long-term relationship
  • Under the agreement, Pacifico will undergo cultural awareness and heritage training and will aim to provide employment opportunities for the Miriuwung and Gajerrong people
  • Eight Mile Creek covers an area of 21,730 hectares to the south of the Sorby Hills Joint Venture Project
  • Pacifico owns a 75 per cent interest in Sorby Hills and is moving towards an optimised pre-feasibility study
  • Pacifico Minerals is up a healthy 25 per cent and shares are trading for 0.5 cents each

Pacifico Minerals (PMY) has signed a Native Title, Heritage Protection and Mineral Exploration Agreement for its wholly-owned Eight Mile Creek tenement.

The agreement was signed with the Miriuwung and Gajerrong Aboriginal Corporation. Securing this agreement paves the way for a collaborative relationship with the Miriuwung and Gajerrong people.

Pacifico will undergo cultural awareness and heritage training and will try to provide employment opportunities for the Miriuwung and Gajerrong people where they are qualified.

“The agreement means that the Miriuwung Gajerrong people will have the opportunity to benefit from future exploration as well as any future production from the Eight Mile Creek tenement,” Managing Director Simon Noon said.

“We look forward to forging a co-operative and lasting relationship with the Miriuwung Gajerrong people,” Simon added.

Eight Mile Creek covers an area of 21,730 hectares (217 square kilometres) to the northeast of Kununurra and south of the Sorby Hills Joint Venture Project.

Pacifico holds a 75 per cent interest in the joint venture with the remaining 25 per cent interest held by Henan Yuguang Gold & Lead Co.

In October 2019, the company said the global resource at Sorby Hills increased by 20 per cent to 36 million tonnes at 4.7 lead equivalent and 0.5 per cent zinc.

The indicated resources in the area increased 53 per cent to 16.6 million tonnes at 4.8 per cent lead equivalent and 0.4 per cent zinc.

Following on from these findings, Pacifico is completing an Optimised pre-feasibility study targeting an increased mining rate and greater processing capacity. The study is expected to be completed in June 2020.

With the project advancing quickly, Pacifico believes the area has the potential to become a new mining district. The company is hoping to develop the region into a long-term, prospective area.

Pacifico Minerals is up a healthy 25 per cent and shares are trading for 0.5 cents each at 10:06 am AEST.

PMY by the numbers
More From The Market Online

Provident Aurum’s off-market bid sends Sihayo shares soaring

Small-cap mineral and gold explorer, Sihayo Gold (ASX:SIH) shares have soared, on news that the company…

It’s hard to imagine a world without a mining company called Anglo American

Growing up in South Africa it seemed inconceivable that Anglo American, a mining colossus at its zenith…
The Market Online Video

Geology is King: Sun Silver says Maverick Springs will outshine high-grade Australian mines

Sun Silver Ltd (ASX:SS1) is seeking gold, silver and pathfinder elements at their Maverick Springs project…

Viridis’ Brazilian holdings good for both light and heavy REEs, results beyond 27K ppm

Viridis Mining and Minerals (ASX: VMM) has remained steady on the market today on grades topping 27,000 parts per million from its rare